Nissan of Costa Mesa wants to make this process easy for you. Before your lease return date, schedule an appointment with our sales team. We will help you with the next step in returning your lease.
When your lease is at the end of its term, there are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare for what's next. You have three options once you fulfill your lease obligations: get a new Nissan, keep your Nissan, or return your Nissan.
We make lease returns easy - These are your options
Get a New Nissan
Keep Your Nissan
Return Your Nissan
Nissan USA Lease Inspection Process:
- Before your vehicle's return date, contact the Alliance Inspection Management Center (AIM) at 800.253.9026 or visit https://selfschedule.aiminspect.com to schedule a complimentary, but required, vehicle inspection. This inspection takes approximately 30 minutes, and can be done at your home, or your place of business. It will be performed using a laptop computer, and the results will be printed immediately after the inspection. The inspector will review the report with you and address your questions. You will be given a copy of the condition report. A second copy will be left in your vehicle, and should remain in the vehicle until the time of return. Should your vehicle's condition change prior to its return due to repairs or additional damage, another inspection will be necessary. To schedule your re-inspection, please call the Nissan Lease Customer Network.
- Prior to your lease maturity date, call your Nissan Dealer for an appointment to return your vehicle.
- Complete a Federal Odometer/Lease Termination Statement at your Nissan dealership.
- Sign and date the Vehicle Condition Report, which will be completed by the Dealer. This report compares the current condition of your vehicle to that of the original inspection report to ensure that nothing has changed.
- Call the Nissan Lease Customer Network to report the return of the vehicle to an authorized Nissan Dealer.
To learn more about the vehicle inspection process and to see examples of Normal and Excess Wear and Use, please view the Wear and Use Guide.
*Lease contracts dated on/after January 6, 2009 are subject to a disposition fee at time of contract termination, if applicable